2022: WELCOME TO BENTRE TOURISM * ECO-TOURISM "COCONUT LAND" DESTINATION: SAFETY - FRIENDSHIP - QUALITY *

22/1/13

My Long rice-paper Cakes


Coming to Ben Tre surely enough, you would hear the famous My Long rice-paper Cake (My Thanh commune) and Son Doc glutinous rice water (Hung Nhuong commune), a southern family-styled cake usually to worship ancestors in the traditional New Year of the nation.
My Long rice-paper Cakes
From Ben Tre city center to My Long rice-paper Cake (My Thanh commune) along the provincial road 885 about 6km, visitors will encounter a lot of facilities selling all kinds of cake next to the road side.

My Thanh commune people have taken mashed white rice, blending with coconut juice and spices of salt, sugar, … spreading it thinly and steaming it into round and lovely cakes.

Sweet rice-paper cakes when being toasted well-done, they turn to be yellow in delicate perfume, crisp to eat and very tasty to feel. Salted cakes when well toasted have a fat taste of coconut, a sweet taste of dried shrimp and eggs … Rice paper cakes for sour pork hash served with salad, boiled tiny shrimp, roast pork or shaggily fried fish will the be tasted good at the party. Wet rice paper cakes are laminated and dried, cut into pieces to be well-boiled, put some broth and ready cooked to make beef noodles, Chinese soup …

My Long rice-paper Cakes have characteristic taste, cultural, traditional and national meaning in the culinary circles, so they are known to may people. Tourists from afar, usually come to the craft village of My Long rice-paper cakes to purchase large volumes to enjoy, or to give relative.

If tourists want to visit, or find out the origin of this special cake, they will contact Nguyen Thi Kim Hoang’s workshop, Nghia Huan Hamlet, My Thanh Commune (Tel: 075.3826615) or Huynh Huu Nghia’s workshop, Nghia Huan Hamlet, My Thanh Commune (Tel: 075.3862619) they will not be wrong with other cakes.
Ngoc Chau

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét